12 Jan, 20:00
Manchester United fans are urging boss Jose Mourinho to re-sign Javier Hernandez who was sold by Louis van Gaal.
The Mexican striker played for the Red Devils from 2010 to 2015 although he spent his last season on their books on loan at Real Madrid - before leaving for Bayer Leverkusen. He gained a reputation as a super-sub at United, bagging important goals late in games for Sir Alex Ferguson's swashbuckling side. But he saw his game time reduced when David Moyes took over the reins, before Louis van Gaal decided to part company with him.
The Dutchman was subsequently criticised for letting Chicharito go, but defended his decision. United are once again in need of some firepower, what with star striker Romelu Lukaku going through a rough patch and the supporters believe Chicha is the man.
Here are some of tweets from fans
- Would love to see Hernandez back at United.
- Would love to see Hernandez back at United, honestly think he’d do the business too!
- I still feel #MUFC should go for Chicharito. West Ham are ready to listen offers for the striker.
- Go buy Hernandez from West ham.
- @ManUtd as Zlatan isn't getting 100% fit anytime soon. Sign Chicharito for 10M. He may prove to be our super sub all over again.